Welcome to Year 1, Week 39, Lesson 1.39.3. Today we will work on your English listening, conversation and reading skills. We begin with a dialogue-related Conversation Topic for English Learners to help with listening and reading comprehension. Then, we continue with Dialogue 17 from our English course, American English Conversations 3. Designed for beginners, each dialogue helps English Learners improve their comprehension and communication skills. You’re encouraged to read along and pronounce together with the video below. Once you finish, don’t forget to share what you’ve learned via the comments section below.
Part 1: Directions: Watch the video, read the text below, then translate the text in your primary language and read it again.
Hello, English Learners. Today’s conversation topic is “Catching Up After Class”. Imagine that you’re talking with colleagues from school. What would you talk about? Here are a few suggestions.
- You’re at the school cafeteria and you’re talking with your colleagues about a vocabulary test you just finished. What would you tell your colleagues? What would your colleagues tell you?
- You’ve just completed your school day and you’re walking home with a couple of your colleagues. What would you tell your colleagues? What would your colleagues tell you?
- Your math class is over and you approach a colleague to ask her to meet and study together for the upcoming math exam. What would you ask your colleague? What would your colleague tell you?
It’s important to have good relations with your colleagues and communicate with them clearly and respectfully so that you may collaborate together well on school work.
PART 2 — DIRECTIONS: Read the dialogue below in English, then translate it and read it in your primary language.
Dialog 17: Catching Up After Class
- Linda: Hey! How did your physics exam go?
- Frank: Not bad, thanks. I’m just glad it’s over! How about you … how’d your presentation go?
- Linda: Oh, it went really well. Thanks for helping me with it!
- Frank: No problem. So … do you feel like studying tomorrow for our math exam?
- Linda: Yeah, sure! Come over around 10:00, after breakfast.
- Frank: All right. I’ll bring my notes.
PART 3 — DIRECTIONS: Watch, read-along, and pronounce with the video below a minimum of 2-3 times. After you finish, let us know what you learned via the comments section below.
Part 4 DIRECTIONS: Take the Year 1 Quarter 3 American English Reading EXAM (– includes Certificate – enter your full name and email address) below. When you finish, let us know your exam score in the comments section below.