Welcome to Year 1, Week 13, Lesson 1.13.3. Today we will work on your English conversation and reading skills. We begin dialogues 7-9 from our English course, American English Conversations 2. Designed for beginners, these dialogues help English Learners improve their comprehension and communication skills. You’re encouraged to read along and pronounce together with the video below. Once you finish, don’t forget to share what you’ve learned via the comments section below.
PART 1 — DIRECTIONS: Read the dialogues below in English, then translate them and read them in your primary language.
Dialogue 7 – Ordering Breakfast
- Waitress: Would you like to order now?
- Phil: Yes. I’d like bacon and eggs with buttered toast. No jelly.
- Waitress: What would you like to drink?
- Phil: Do you have hot chocolate?
- Waitress: Yes, we do.
- Phil: Then, I’ll have a cup of hot chocolate.
- Waitress: How do you want your eggs?
- Phil: Over easy, please.
Dialogue 8 – Near Accident
- Quinn: How about that!
- Kerwin: What? What happened?
- Quinn: Did you see what that guy did?
- Kerwin: No, I was looking the other way.
- Quinn: He made a U-turn right in the middle of the block and almost hit a kid on a bicycle.
- Kerwin: Drivers get crazier every day!
- Quinn: Right. Nobody wants to drive by the rules anymore!
Dialogue 9 – Arrival Time
- Pat: What time does Mother’s plane get in?
- Cliff: I’m not sure, but I think at 2:35. I’ll call the airline to make sure.
- Pat: Why don’t you do that while I change my clothes?
- Cliff: Do you think Dick or Brenda will want to go?
- Pat: I don’t know. I guess we could call them.
- Cliff: I know Dick has to work, but maybe Brenda can go.
- Pat: Okay. Call her first, then the airlines.
PART 2 — DIRECTIONS: Watch, read-along, and pronounce with the video below a minimum of 2-3 times. After you finish, let us know what you learned via the comments section below.
Part 3 DIRECTIONS: Take the Year 1 Quarter 1 American English Reading Review Test below. When you finish, let us know your score in the comments section below.
Part 4 DIRECTIONS: Take the optional Year 1 Quarter 1 American English Reading EXAM (– includes Certificate – enter your full name and email address) below. When you finish, let us know your quiz score in the comments section below.
24 thoughts on “Lesson 1.13.3 – American English Lessons With Maestro Sersea”
In the dialogue 7, Phil say “Over easy, please”.
I don’t know what is he meaning. the Google Traslate is no good with this expresion. Maybe he says medium finish, but I don’t know.
By the way, my score at the test was 76%.
Thanks a lot.
I asked google What does over easy mean for eggs? and I found this information:
Over easy: The egg is flipped and cooked for just a few seconds longer, enough to fully set the whites but leave the yolk completely runny.
That’s right, Wilber. Good research! 🙂
I am Albertine.
Below is the result of my quiz:
You passed the quiz!
Your score is 94%
My score at the quiz was 85%.
Thanks a lot.
I had 64% good bye.
Med, you can try again until you score 80% or higher. 🙂
Hello. I’m Danijela.
Very useful lesson. I improved my vocabulary, comprehension and pronunciation.
In the Year 1 Quarter 1 American English Reading exam my score was 96%.
Thank you very much
My score was 70%
Hi everyone, My score was 100% in the Year 1 Quarter 1 American English Reading Review Test. Thanks.
Congratulations on your perfect score, Wilber! 🙂
Hello, my score was 76%
I have scored a bad number. Only 75%. Far from my expectations.
75% is still a good score, Jose. 🙂
This lesson was very good, I practiced the conversations and I understood a lot.
My score in the quiz was 88%.
Thank you very much Maestro Sersea
Hello Maestro, my score for test was 82%.
Greeting Maestros Sersea
I did year 1 quater 1 reading test, my score was 88%.
Thank you so much
Hello, i got 75% for the quarter exam thank you
Hello Maestro Sersea! I passed the quiz! My score is 100%. Thanks a lot!
Hello teacher, how are you? I think it’s very interesting and excellent initiative. Iam improving in English language. I have passed and scored 100% . Thank you.
In Year 1 Quarter 1 American English Reading Review Test I got 88%.
Hello, my score was 85%, thank you maestro Sersea.
Hello! My score is 75%!
my score was (Your score is 96%)